Learning guitar is only possible at a young age ?
Do you want to learn guitar to make music and have fun but think you’re past the young age ?
Can’t do it anymore, right ? Wrong.
I switched from drums to guitar at the age of 40.
I’m no guitar teacher, but I am an engineer who loves music and an engineering approach to learning.
In this episode I will talk about the methods I used, the mistakes I made, and what are the top aspects of learning guitar when you are a little bit older.
I will discuss how technology can help, and when it is too much.
The information here I believe is valid for any age.
PlayerListen to “Episode 1: The journey of learning guitar in your 40s” on Spreaker.
This episode has five topic after the intro:
- Topic 1: The motivation and the mindset. How to get out of the dreaming state and into the learning state;
- Topic 2: The setup, how to get the proper instrument and equipment;
- Topic 3: Structure, how to find a learning method that works for you;
- Topic 4: Practice routine, how to separate some time and organise a routine that keeps you progressing;
- Topic 5: Spread your wings, join bands, record yourself and go live your musical dreams.
An article about the best online guitar teachers
Get in touch
If you want to discuss this topic further, or suggest a future topic:
Subscribe to our newsletter to receive updates on articles and new episodes on your inbox